We’re back with more experiential trends from our strategy team. Enjoy, and as always, stay safe out there!
New approaches to live events are being tested and trialed
From virus-sniffing dogs, to new CDC guidelines, to a new initiative from the city of Chicago, event organizers continue to explore new ways to promote and encourage safe in-person attendance.
- Miami Heat to use coronavirus-sniffing dogs to screen fans at games
- How to Prevent the Spread of Coronavirus at In-Person Events, According to the CDC
- Healthy Meetings Chicago outlines plans for safe events in the time of COVID
Live music takes a leap
Live music organizers are continuing to build a foundation for the return of in-person events sooner rather than later with varying approaches to COVID-era risk management.
- Cornbury Festival 2021: Music fans will need COVID vaccine or negative test
- Live music returns to Melbourne
- Can the UK’s Vertical Theatre become a model for ‘future-proofed’ live music venues?
Optimism for the future of travel and tourism
While the short-term future of travel is still murky, experts are beginning to make optimistic predictions and plans for a strong travel industry rebound in late 2021.
- WTTC Predicts Significant Return of Over 100 Million Global Tourism Jobs in 2021
- Survey reveals optimism about the return of business travel
- Scientist-investor Elad Gil is making a big bet that business travel will rebound after Covid
Recent “Out There” Experiences
Brands and marketers continue to push the boundaries of physical and digital experiences, with new and creative executions popping up across the globe.