GPJ Strategy is back with a fresh round of experiential trends, ideas and takeaways. Here are some of the latest global insights.
Robust planning, protocols and requirements are enabling the return of familiar and noteworthy in-person experiences.
Hybrid approaches continue to unlock business opportunities
Brands are increasingly leveraging hybrid models to generate more accessibility for loyal customers, while preserving in-person experiences for those able to attend.
- Stella Artois’ Solstice Celebration shows its evolving approach to hybrid events
- New virtual selling tools let retailers pick customers’ minds
- Pacsun to host live shopping event in-store and digitally for A$AP Rocky drop
- Theaters continue to view digital offerings as viable revenue opportunities
Is the metaverse the internet’s ‘next phase’? A lot of brands think so.
No, we aren’t living in a science fiction novel (as far as we know), but brands are increasingly investing in the metaverse, and are building infrastructure to capitalize on its growing potential and possibility.
- What ‘Metaverse’ is and why it matters
- Facebook, Roblox see the ‘Metaverse’ as key to the Internet’s next phase
- Vans launching ‘Vans World’ within Roblox as part of metaverse push
- The Metaverse Will Be More Than a Buzzword
Innovative approaches to sustainability increase as world continues to reopen
Brands, businesses and events continue to reimagine their approaches to sustainability as we get back to in-person.
- British Airways marks first flight on recycled cooking oil
- Tottenham to host world’s first net zero carbon elite football game
- Salesforce reaches net zero energy usage, updates Sustainability Cloud
- McDonald’s to offer more sustainable Happy Meals by 2025
This Volume’s “Out There” Experiences
Brands and marketers continue to push the boundaries of experiences, with new and creative executions popping up across the globe.
- You can attend the Queen’s Ball—a Bridgeton experience— in select US cities
- The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade will have in-person attendees this year
- Dinner in the sky serves guests gourmet food while suspended 150’ in the air.
- Lyft and Oscar Mayer teamed Up to offer Wienermobile rides
Until next time, stay safe and take care of each other.