Director, Strategy + Planning
GPJ is looking for a Strategy Director to lead teams and clients to brave brand experiences. We’re seeking someone to take on leadership of current and prospective client relationships and play an integral part of a growing business and growing team. If you are driven by your craft and effusive about the power of experiences then GPJ may just be a great next step for you.
There has never been a more exciting time to be a strategist. Culture has shifted. Values are evolving and emerging trends in behavior have accelerated. In partnership with some of the world's most exciting brands we have the opportunity to conceive and help realize the new ways we will experience the world. We have the opportunity to establish human, purposeful experiences as the core of new marketing. Experiences that are united across in-person and digital touchpoints. Experiences that connect and compel people to action. If that makes you pause, think twice, reconsider, and get excited, then we’d love to talk with you about this opportunity with GPJ.
We think the ideal candidate will likely have 7 to 10 years in a related role with experience in strategy, experiential marketing, planning, marketing, digital strategy or advertising strategy. Awareness of digital, social and mobile technologies, strategies and tactics is required and agency experience is preferred. Undergraduate degree is required and a graduate degree in business, marketing or communications is a plus.
We’re looking for people who will complement our team of passionate professionals.
- Versatile and adaptable, able to switch gears quickly with a “can-do” attitude.
- Solution-oriented and focused on outcomes.
- Strategic in the holistic sense of seeing the big picture and the details to get there. Able to balance innovation with proven measurable success.
- Relationship builder with excellent communication skills, empathy and respect for diverse backgrounds and needs.
- Team collaborator who is adept at taking on supporting, contributing or leading roles as appropriate.
- Passionate about your craft and career.
There are some core skills we’d like our new Director to be able to demonstrate.
- Adept and fast researcher, able to identify sources and think creatively to find, sift and apply secondary information. Apt at designing and executing appropriate primary research methodologies.
- Data literate and able at analyzing, comparing, selecting and arranging data to fuel strategy creation and measurement approaches.
- Talented at identifying interrelationships between data, information and insights to create frameworks, models, systems and process flows.
- Proven planner able to select relevant information and opportunities to create and manage plans in phases and over time.
- Able to identify relevant information and prioritize input to see and express meaningful intersections and insights that reveal business or marketing opportunities.
- A compelling storyteller able to tailor succinct narrative arcs that engage, enthuse and impel audiences to clear shared action.
- Can apply strategic expertise to create a clear overarching path that aligns multiple stakeholders and audiences to clear marketing and business objectives.
- Can use collaborative group theory and sophisticated tools to draw directed contribution, ownership and collaboration that achieves group consensus and goals.
The job has lots of exciting activities and responsibilities. Here are some of the main ones.
- Build and maintain strong trusted relationships with multiple in-agency and client audiences to drive success and growth and deliver strategy-led creative solutions.
- Champion, implement and lead strategy best practices, ensuring that they are central in the development of experiential marketing solutions.
- Inspire the creative process with clear objectives, audiences knowledge, key insights, program requirements and success measures in a concise brief.
- Lead ideation sessions, brainstorming and concepting sessions acting as a catalyst for revealing insights
- Review, analyze and offer recommendations to align brand experiences to marketing plans and drive measurable results in both B2B and B2C industries.
- Design holistic, audience-centric strategies incorporating physical, digital, social and mobile channels where appropriate for generating powerful 360º experiences.
- Proactively explore new experience strategies, technology enabled engagements and industry best practices
- Counsel clients and internal teams along with strengthening new strategic recommendations.
- Lead/conduct research and planning activities related to developing experience marketing solutions. This might include workshops, stakeholder interviews, primary and secondary research.
- Continually consult with GPJ Strategy + Planning peers to leverage best practices and advice while providing the same support in return. Mentor team members in learning and applying the process to client work.
- Develop and implement measurement and analytics frameworks that incorporate key metrics and KPIs for experiences that combine live, mobile, social and digital components.
- Travel is approximately 25%.
Workplace Skills. Proficient in use of GSuite Tools (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides,etc.) and other digital communications technologies (Meet, Chat, Salesforce, Chatter, Zoom, Webex, etc.).
Who We Are
GPJ is the world leader in experiential marketing. Our 29 global offices are filled with fearless people dreaming up ideas that are transforming industries and bringing the most respected brands to life in powerfully, exciting ways. We are a part of the Project Worldwide family. An independent, employee-owned global network of complementary, wholly-owned agencies.
You read that “employee-owned” part right? You heard us correctly. You work hard, she works hard, we all work hard… we all succeed and reap the rewards. We have an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – providing our employees with an ownership interest. We thought you would want to know that. In fact, there is a lot more you would want to know about us, like our FTO policy (no more “accruing” time off), our employer matching 401(k) plan (no vesting period), our “no employee contribution” healthcare option. But we are getting ahead of ourselves here, let’s talk about this exciting opportunity first and we can fill you in on our perks & benefits later.
GPJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. In addition to federal law requirements, GPJ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GPJ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any protected class.