Integrated Event Producer
GPJ is looking for an Integrated Producer to support the Integrated Production team in delivering in support of a very cool technology client. This role is a part of a retained team within a client org which presents a very unique opportunity to become an expert in this client’s operating structure and work within a specific portfolio of events.
George P Johnson (GPJ) is part of Project Worldwide, an independent, employee-owned global network of complementary, wholly-owned agencies. Project is the first global agency network dedicated to Engagement Marketing. GPJ is one of the world’s leading Experiential Marketing agencies. See gpj.com and project.com.
The Integrated Producer is the project lead across all areas of event operations and overall logistics within the retained Integrated Production team. This person will be responsible for the overall success of a number of simultaneous events.
Here are some of the responsibilities you will have in this role:
- Lead all pre-production efforts (internal and client facing) including responsibility for preparing prior to meetings and sending post meeting recaps with relevant AIs
- Prepare post event reports, Slides presentations, Sheets tracking spreadsheets and other client communications, correspondence and documents
- Manage deadlines of cross functional teams with the support of a project lead
- Manage budget end-to-end
- Creation of run of show or production schedules
- See beyond what is right in front of you (the immediate tasks) and comprehend the big picture – the 360 view of the overall project in its entirety and make recommendations and adjustments as necessary
- Ability to manage multiple events simultaneously
- Ability to manage vendors throughout project cycle including: contracting/estimating, advancing in pre-production, execution and reconciliation
- Effectively lead clients while setting expectations throughout project life cycle
- Create and update estimates and timelines and share details with the team
- Lead teams during day-of event support, digitally as well as onsite, when deemed appropriate
- Responsible for final reconciliation of projects/budgets
- Direct experience dealing with sensitive and confidential information with integrity and within the guidelines of what is directed.
- On occasion, respond to and take action on requests beyond standard work hours, including evenings and weekends
- Digital event experience is a plus!
- Expected Travel between 0-25% depending on nature of events (Virtual vs. Hybrid/Live)
- Proficiency with the G Suite of tools including Docs, Sheets, Slides, Mail, Calendar, Chat & Meet
Who you are and what you’ll bring:
Experienced Integrated Producer. Minimum of 6+ years of relevant event production experience of complex, integrated, unique experiences. You have managed budgets hitting the $1 million mark.
Collaborator and Project Manager. This is an extremely collaborative and project management-driven position. You will be required to develop relationships with every department within the client team as well as across GPJ.
Trusted advisor, partner and navigator. When you talk, people listen. As mentioned above, you will establish relationships with everyone from external executive and senior clients, to vendors and most importantly your team. Being proactive in fostering team dynamics and culture is key to your success. This comes from your knowledge, expertise, and management skills.
Vibrant. You love interacting with people. In fact, your interactions with people GIVES you energy. You love what you do.
Enthusiastic and Passionate: This is a unique opportunity to be a part of an exciting new team. You want to become an expert within your field and learn as much as you can to make this team as strong as it can be!
Take Initiative. You turn in work from the “next step” beyond your current task before someone asks for it. You regularly come to your manager and say “I’ve been thinking…”
Inquisitive. You always want to learn more about what you are doing. You find out how your work interacts with other parts of the business. You look for ways to make process improvements. You learn about the industry you work in.
Flexible. You understand business needs change – what you do today may not be what you do tomorrow! But switching gears at a moment's notice doesn't bother you at all.
Negotiator. Reviewing and negotiating venue and vendor contracts are a walk in the park for you and you're experienced with RFPs and RFIs.
You love the thrill, the fast pace, the challenges, the changes, your clients, your colleagues, building relationships and leading teams… for you, this is FUN!
GPJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. In addition to federal law requirements, GPJ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. GPJ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any protected class.