Associate Event Manager
GPJ is looking for an Associate Event Manager to support the Integrated Event Production team in delivering in support of a very cool technology client. This role is a part of a retained team within a client org which presents a very unique opportunity to become an expert in this client’s operating structure and work within a specific portfolio of events.
George P Johnson (GPJ) is part of Project Worldwide, an independent, employee-owned global network of complementary, wholly-owned agencies. Project is the first global agency network dedicated to Engagement Marketing. GPJ is one of the world’s leading Experiential Marketing agencies. See gpj.com and project.com.
The Associate Event Manager should have a solid understanding of the life cycle of an event. This person provides administrative and project support to this retained Integrated Production team.
Here are some of the responsibilities you will have in this role:
- Prepare meeting agendas, post event reports, Slides presentations, Sheets tracking spreadsheets and other client communications, correspondence and documents
- Manage Drive folders throughout project lifecycle
- Participate in and take comprehensive notes during meetings
- Ability to manage multiple events simultaneously
- Assist in researching, reviewing and selecting vendors, including obtaining quotes via a 3-bid process and generating P.O’s
- Create and update estimates and timelines and share details with the team
- Assist with managing deadlines of cross functional teams, with oversight from project lead
- Provide day-of event support, digitally as well as onsite, when deemed appropriate
- Assist with the job closing process.
- Conduct general event venue research
- On occasion, Respond to and take action on requests beyond standard work hours, including evenings and weekends
- Expected Travel between 0-25% depending on nature of events (Virtual vs. Hybrid/Live)
- Proficiency with the G Suite of tools including Docs, Sheets, Slides, Mail, Calendar, Chat & Meet
Who you are and what you will need to bring to the table…
Experience: You have a degree in Marketing/Advertising/Event Management/Business Administration and/or 1-3 years of related agency experience.
Resourceful and Inquisitive: You think beyond the task and see around corners. You love learning and catch-on quickly. Your friends and colleagues wonder how you do it!
Enthusiastic and Passionate: This is a unique opportunity to be a part of an exciting new team. You want to become an expert within your field and learn as much as you can to make this team as strong as it can be!
Organized and Detail-Oriented: You take notes, make lists, and keep your finger on the pulse! You stay focused and are able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. This is not a 1 project at a time position and if you get overwhelmed easily, this isn’t the right position for you.
Client and Team Focused . You have the ability to listen and take direction as provided. You work with various vendors, clients, employees, etc. all at the same time, which means your Client Service and interpersonal skills are exceptional. You can work autonomously, but you’re also a valuable team player.
Poised Under Pressure and Flexible. You’re at your best when working under time restrictions, last minute requests and changes. You always have a “Plan B”. You are available to work irregular hours and travel as needed.
GPJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. In addition to federal law requirements, GPJ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. GPJ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any protected class.