GPJ is looking for a Program Strategist to support a technology client account and the GPJ Program Strategy team, reporting to the Director of Strategy. Positioned at the intersection of several cross-disciplinary teams, the Program Strategist is a trusted advisor and counselor to a host of clients and executives. The Program Strategist provides on-going creative and business strategies, event optimization/ scope-of-work planning and supports GPJ by identifying and pursuing organic growth opportunities.
There has never been a more exciting time to be a strategist. Culture has shifted. Values are evolving and emerging trends in behavior have accelerated. In partnership with one of the world's most exciting brands we have the opportunity to conceive and help realize the new ways we will experience the world. We have the opportunity to establish human, purposeful experiences as the core of new marketing. Experiences that are united across in-person and digital touchpoints. Experiences that connect and compel people to action. If that makes you pause, think twice, reconsider, and get excited, then we’d love to talk with you about this opportunity with GPJ Strategy.
The ideal candidate will likely have 5+ years in idea-generating marketing roles, as well as experience in experiential marketing, strategy, planning and/ or production. Awareness of digital, social and mobile technologies, strategies and tactics is required and agency experience is preferred. Technology industry experience is preferred, but tech savviness is required at a minimum.
We’re looking for people who will complement our team of passionate professionals.
- Versatile and adaptable, able to switch gears quickly with a “can-do” attitude
- Solution-oriented and focused on outcomes
- Strategic in the holistic sense of seeing the big picture and the details to get there. Able to balance innovation with proven measurable success
- Relationship builder with excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as empathy and respect for diverse backgrounds and needs
- Team collaborator who is adept at taking on supporting, contributing or leading roles as appropriate and the confidence to work independently to drive an idea or project forward
- Passionate about your craft and career
We’d like our Program Strategist to be highly analytical and creative, with the capability of envisioning, developing and articulating new opportunities for our client and our company. The ability to drive such opportunities forward and sell these ideas at the highest levels within client organizations is at the core of this role. You must have a point of view based upon facts and be willing to effectively present that point of view.
The job has lots of exciting activities and responsibilities. Here are some of the main ones.
Relationships & leadership
- A consultative & trusted client advisor by leading regular touchbases and ad hoc conversations
- Partner with aligned Account Manager to move the business forward
- Active member of the core account and larger GPJ strategy teams
- Independently and passionately dig into the client’s business to understand the technology, audience and landscape
- Apply this expertise to move the business forward by thinking about “what’s next”
Creative & strategic prowess
- Pro-actively lead strategic initiatives and collaboration across roles, disciplines, programs, agencies and geographies
- Develop and present creative and/ or programmatic concepts to demonstrate how GPJ and their clients can bring this to life, based on business needs
- Execute “Special Projects,” typically thought leadership drilled down to execution, based on overall client need, as assigned by your manager
- Lead, with your aligned Account Manager and Opportunity Strategist, the twice-yearly portfolio/ scope-of-work planning process
- Lean into business expertise, historical performance data, event identification and recommendations, qualitative insight and experience concepts to build an effective and diversified portfolio
Priority project oversight
- Actively and enthusiastically oversee the execution of priority projects on your aligned client scope, in partnership with Creative, Production and Account Management
- Step in to “fill the gaps” when needed. For example, substituting for a project-based Experience Strategist, attending a client planning call to consult on the experience, or helping Production think through an attendee journey
- Identify and sell-in new, organic opportunities to expand the agency-client business, leaning on the competencies outlined above
Workplace Skills. Proficient in use of GSuite Tools (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.) and other digital communications technologies (Meet, Chat, Salesforce, Chatter, Zoom, Webex, etc.).
Who We Are
GPJ is the world leader in experiential marketing. Our 29 global offices are filled with fearless people dreaming up ideas that are transforming industries and bringing the most respected brands to life in powerfully, exciting ways. We are a part of the Project Worldwide family. An independent, employee-owned global network of complementary, wholly-owned agencies.
You read that “employee-owned” part right? You heard us correctly. You work hard, she works hard, we all work hard… we all succeed and reap the rewards. We have an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – providing our employees with an ownership interest. We thought you would want to know that. In fact, there is a lot more you would want to know about us, like our FTO policy (no more “accruing” time off), our employer matching 401(k) plan (no vesting period), our “no employee contribution” healthcare option. But we are getting ahead of ourselves here, let’s talk about this exciting opportunity first and we can fill you in on our perks & benefits later.
GPJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. In addition to federal law requirements, GPJ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GPJ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any protected class.