Talent Acquistion Manager
We need a dynamic and knowledgeable recruiter to join our Talent Acquisition Team.
This person will be responsible for working directly with the Hiring Managers and key Stakeholders to guide them through the recruiting process. Of course, that is just part of your role as you will need to be able to source passive and active candidates and bring them through the recruiting process. The team will also look to you as an expert having your finger on the pulse of the local talent market(s) including where to source great candidates, compensation data and market rates, advise on progressive recruiting techniques, as well as industry/competitor insights.
This position reports to our SVP Talent and Culture in Detroit. This role services both coasts and may need to work non traditional hours and weekends as needed. The person can be located anywhere in the US.
What You Will Do
- Meet/speak regularly with the local leadership to understand current and immediate future recruiting needs
- Establish relationships with Hiring Managers and guide them through the recruiting process including
- Kick off meetings, briefings, writing of job description, and interviewing skills, & techniques
- Post open positions to our Applicant Tracking Service (Greenhouse) as well as other appropriate online boards, resources, etc
- Maintain progressive and proactive recruiting & sourcing practices, which include establishing a pipeline for anticipated full time as well as seasonal temporary staffing needs
- Maintaining an average 30-45 day fill time for open positions
- Identify creative ways to target, source and find qualified candidates
- Collaborate with management on job openings to determine the KSA of candidates and when necessary, educate management when those KSAs or expectations may not match the budget
- Source, recruit and negotiate positions with qualified candidates across various disciplines (account management, creative, event services, production, strategy)
- Work in partnership with local Talent Manager (HR) to ensure seamless transition of candidates to onboarding process
- If necessary, request approval to work with third party recruiters to assist in “hard to fill roles”
- Step in to support the staffing needs of the temporary on-site event support when needed (like we all do)
Who You Are
- Flexible and able to handle changing requirements / needs / directions
- Prefer a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) with a 4+ years’ experience in recruiting
- Prefer experience working in advertising or marketing with understanding of non-traditional advertising/experiential marketing a bonus
- Prefer proven experience sourcing qualified candidates in advertising or marketing
- Ability to work independently, problem solve and navigate the recruiting waters with little supervision
- Success in building trusted and collaborative relationships with executives, senior management and hiring managers where you are viewed as a value-added resource and partner
- A “no job is too big or small” attitude with the personality and mindset to find the right candidates for our ever-growing business
- Experience working with an applicant tracking system, preferably Greenhouse
- Serious sourcing chops – whether it is LinkedIn, another online resource or through your own personal network, you know where to go to target and find the right candidates for the right job
- You are personable, forward thinking and positive. You are a natural “people person” as others just like being around you
- Your verbal and written communication skills are top notch as we know being a successful recruiter requires being a great marketer as well
- You have an uncanny ability to read people and know what motivates them and where they are on their “career journey.” You have successfully used this skill to match the right person for the right job at the right price
- Proficiency with Google is preferred
Who We Are
GPJ is the world leader in experiential marketing. Our 29 global offices are filled with fearless people dreaming up ideas that are transforming industries and bringing the most respected brands to life in powerfully, exciting ways. We are a part of the Project Worldwide family. An independent, employee-owned global network of complementary, wholly-owned agencies. You read that “employee-owned” part right? You heard us correctly. You work hard, she works hard, we all work hard… we all succeed and reap the rewards. We have an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – providing our employees with an ownership interest. We thought you would want to know that. In fact, there is a lot more you would want to know about us, like our FTO policy (no more “accruing” time off) only to be included if applicable, our employer matching 401(k) plan (no vesting period), our “no employee contribution” healthcare option. But we are getting ahead of ourselves here, let’s talk about this exciting opportunity first and we can fill you in on our perks & benefits later.
GPJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. In addition to federal law requirements, GPJ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GPJ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any protected class.