GPJ is looking for Integrated Production at all levels to join our team out of any of our office locations (Boston, Austin, Nashville, Detroit, NYC, Los Angeles or San Francisco). Roles that are short-term temporary and full-time are available. You will assist in the planning and flawless execution of events for our clients. Solid knowledge of live events, conferences and tradeshows is a must. For full-time roles, this will be a hybrid role in the office two days a week.
You will work with the Account Management and Event Production teams to provide support in all areas of event operations and overall logistics. You will collaborate across multiple internal departments such as creative/account management /fabrication in order to successfully produce client events.
You will be responsible for venue management and for understanding and communicating all venue contracts, show rules and regulations, services, scheduling, and deadlines to on-site support vendors and staff. Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of estimates related to these services throughout the program process. This includes monitoring and analyzing job costs, tracking and communicating change orders, providing adequate follow-up, providing project projections to Senior Management and reconciling the final budget.
Who You Are & What You Will Bring
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with consistency. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
- A minimum of 5+ years direct experience with event management in the areas of Event Production, Live Events and Digital Marketing.
- Consultative customer service approach to questions, concerns and issues
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage project teams in difficult and high-pressure situations while maintaining composure
- Strong project management skills to manage both internal and external
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize
- Proactive and creative thinker with effective ability to “think on your feet”
- Excellent math skills and the knowledge to provide/guide estimate process
- Ability to read and interpret space plans
- Ability to understand on-site methodology and industry best practices
- Ability to travel 30%-40% of the year with peaks in Spring and Fall months
- Ability to work irregular hours in addition to normal business hours, to include nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, and comfortable working with cloud based tools and adapting new technology
Who We Are
GPJ is the world leader in experiential marketing. Our 30 global offices are filled with fearless people dreaming up ideas that are transforming industries and bringing the most respected brands to life in powerfully, exciting ways. We are a part of the Project Worldwide family. An independent, employee-owned global network of complementary, wholly-owned agencies.
You read that “employee-owned” part right? You heard us correctly. You work hard, she works hard, we all work hard… we all succeed and reap the rewards. We have an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – providing our employees with an ownership interest. We thought you would want to know that. In fact, there is a lot more you would want to know about us, like our FTO policy (no more “accruing” time off), our employer matching 401(k) plan (no vesting period), our “no employee contribution” healthcare option. But we are getting ahead of ourselves here, let’s talk about this exciting opportunity first and we can fill you in on our perks & benefits later.
GPJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. In addition to federal law requirements, GPJ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GPJ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any protected class.