Sign Shop Foreman
As the Sign Shop Foreman, you are responsible for the oversight of all aspects of Print Production from digital (RIP) handling to output & management of inkjet printing, vinyl cutting, masking, mounting, laminating, custom installations, and general graphic assembly processes. The Sign Shop Foreman will coordinate daily with other Union disciplines, Project Managers, Graphic Production Manager, Engineering and fabrication Estimators.
You will be successful if you are able to:
- Produce jobs per layout specs as assigned by Project Manager
- Maintain regular/daily communications with Graphic Production Manager, Departmental Foreman, PM’s and peripheral Department leads (Carpentry, Paint, etc)
- Track all jobs against stated target dates with continually changing priorities while expecting “rush jobs”
- Work closely with PM’s and Graphic Production to determine potential overtime needs
- Conduct all necessary proofing and color matching efforts in expedited fashion notifying the Graphic Production Manager when complete
- Take a proactive approach to Quality Control by communicating and consulting on any concerns prior to print. Setting aside questionable prints for review with management before mounting to final substrate or material
- Accurately monitor and maintain all inventory levels to prevent shortage. Investigate and order specialty items as needed and directed by management
- Review time tickets for proper project number, monitor graphic hours budgeted and used on each project
- Keep overall Graphics Production and Shop area defined and clean daily
- Maintain operation and routine maintenance calls for all equipment keeping management informed of repairs and/or breakage. Investigate Capital expenditure needs and make pertinent recommendations
- Verify an document any changes observed between supplied layout and shop “actual” dimensions, reporting inconsistencies back to management for future reference
- Package and label each graphic with Client, Matrix alpha ID code and brief description, clearly marked. Support in ongoing communication of graphics sizes to PM’s for crating/shippings
- Become involved and support in peripheral Production Departments if workload dictates and as instructed by management
- Hire and train new associates, communicating clear expectation of job performance
- Review project outcomes with management to assess material performance and quality, as well as turnaround timing and thoroughness
- High School Diploma and a minimum of (5) years of industry related experience.
- An ability to communicate clearly in a timely fashion verbally and through written text.
- General competency computer programs. GSuite, including Gmail, is a plus.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Significant experience or knowledge of the exhibit industry, specifically regarding field installations and dismantle efforts.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. without assistance.