We are always looking for great carpenters! As a Carpenter with GPJ, you will be involved in the fabrication of auto show, trade show, and special event displays. Your skills as a Finish Carpenter / Cabinet Builder / Display Builder will be welcomed in an environment that is defined by high quality standards and unique fabrication challenges. In addition to working in a state of the art fabrication facility, carpenters who enjoy travel will have the option to be selected to qualify for short duration trips to various domestic and international locations to supervise the installation and dismantle of show displays. At GPJ, we are looking for carpenters who are looking for a career.
- Background in Finish Carpentry, Cabinetry or the auto show / trade show industry.
- Ability to operate industrial machinery
- Proficient with all shop equipment and practices: table saws, panel saws, routers, laminating, etc.
- Metal fabrication and welding skills are a plus.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, blueprints, and diagrams
- Basic knowledge of math and measurements.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and complete jobs with demanding deadlines while keeping great attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and high level of initiative; confidence to work independently and with a team, in support of project goals and objectives
- High energy level required with the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Available to occasionally work overtime and weekends.
- Open to potential for travel to supervise installation of displays at domestic and international show sites.
GPJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. In addition to federal law requirements, GPJ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GPJ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any protected class.