GPJ is looking for our next Technical Director to join our Live Production team.
The Technical Director will have a lead role in technical production supporting our Automotive team. You will act as overall technical expert, leader and manager of the technical production crew for the execution of Autoshows and other events.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with Executive Producers, Producers, Lighting Designers, Production Designers, Supervisors and Vendors
- Manage on-site supervision of union and non-union labor and be responsible for and manage the technical production budgets & timelines
- Efficient on-site show management, adherence to timelines, venue guidelines and quality assurance
- Owning, managing and maintaining vendor relationships
- Strategic technical approach and solutions for shows
- Form solid relationships with Creative, Operations, Supervisors and Client Services teams to ensure client expectations are met and exceeded
- Required travel is 30-40%
Who You Are
Technical Skills. You are a production management expert. You support on-site lighting, rigging and A/V for our shows and events.You have worked with teams to determine all technical needs and support the pre-planning and on-site execution of lighting, rigging, audio, video, special effects, staging, site infrastructure, and communications for shows and events, including union and non-union labor schedules (depending on size of event with the support of a labor manager), health & safety planning and risk assessments and managing all technical production teams (vendor and labor) onsite.
Agile. You work well under pressure with numerous personality types. You understand that business needs change – what you do today may not be what you do tomorrow!
Team Player. You love interacting with people. In fact, your interactions with people GIVE you energy. You take charge and communicate well at all levels.
Organized. You live by the list. All your tasks are prioritized and you can swizzle priorities at the drop of a hat. You know what needs to be done and work with little to no supervision.
What You Need
- 5+ years direct technical production management or 10+ years technical production experience coming from a live event, theater, TV/Movie or show background
- Autoshow experience and a demonstration of auto events preferred.
- You can demonstrate you have worked on large-scale events and have a proven track record of managing $3mm+ budgets
- You are CAD Proficient in Vectorworks and able to effectively manage a drawing team
- Expert in Google Suite and competent use of Microsoft Office products
- You understand on-site methodology and best practices for live events of all kinds
- Have the ability to read and interpret space plans
Who We Are
GPJ is the world leader in experiential marketing. Our 29 global offices are filled with fearless people dreaming up ideas that are transforming industries and bringing the most respected brands to life in powerfully, exciting ways. We are a part of the Project Worldwide family. An independent, employee-owned global network of complementary, wholly-owned agencies.
You read that “employee-owned” part, right? You heard us correctly. You work hard, she works hard, we all work hard… we all succeed and reap the rewards. We have an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – providing our employees with an ownership interest. We thought you would want to know that. In fact, there is a lot more you would want to know about us, like our FTO policy (no more “accruing” time off) only to be included if applicable, our employer matching 401(k) plan (no vesting period), our “no employee contribution” healthcare option. But we are getting ahead of ourselves here, let’s talk about this exciting opportunity first and we can fill you in on our perks & benefits later.
GPJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. In addition to federal law requirements, GPJ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GPJ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any protected class.