We’re adding to our team. One made up of curious thinkers, creators, and makers; of those excited to run head-on into the challenges facing the world’s most respected brands. This team is harnessing the power of experiential in all its forms to create mind-blowing experiences and drive industry-leading business performance. Sound exciting? Read on.
We are looking for a Sr. Creative Technologist to lead the concept and development of digital and technical projects covering a broad range from hardware to software, web to native, apps and bots, microcontrollers to AR/VR and AI-enabled experiences to large scale physical/digital activations.
We create experiences for humans in both fully digital and physical environments, enabled, amplified and extended by technology. As the CT, you will be responsible for the digital perspective in the creative process. You will help our teams weave technology into the event experience from planning through implementation and execution.
Partnering with our Creative and Strategy teams and guiding our Account and Production teams in bringing concepts to life in the digital realm, the CT will be the digital voice in the conversation, bringing new ideas to the table and pushing on existing ideas. Collaboration is at the heart of great Creative technologists at GPJ. Internally, he/she will constantly seek out and explore inspiration that helps us raise the bar on innovation, creativity, and imagination for all work produced. The CT must have knowledge of and a passion for interactive design, digital content/brand development, user experience, social media, mobile, supporting technologies, new/emerging platforms and technologies. This is a rapidly and constantly evolving space, so curiosity and exploration are key. The ideal candidate lives, breathes, thinks, and conceptualizes in the digital world.
Salary Range: $110K – $165K
Salary is dependent on a variety of factors including (but not limited to) experience, skills, and location.
Who You Are
- You love creating things that have never been made before
- You work with large, diverse teams, thriving off the energy of the collective
- You have a contagious passion for technology and innovation
- You understand the importance of data and its role in personalizing experiences
- You love telling stories…and finding new ways to make them engaging
What You Will Do
You will have direct responsibility and/or oversight of programs and projects that are pushing the envelope in areas of innovation and new approaches to human engagement. You will seek to build and strengthen relationships with clients, partner agencies and internal teams through consistent collaboration and contribution.
- Develop original concepts/ideas/designs that answer project/brand briefs and position clients for success
- Consult with account leads, program management, and strategic planning team to uncover information about a product or service to determine the right digital activations for each individual project
- Work with art directors/copywriters/designers on creative executions
- Work with internal and external partners to bring the ideas to life, supervising production as needed
- Serve as the digital expert for the team – presenting and selling in ideas and creative work, both internally and externally with clients
- Passionate about the latest digital trends – staying current on what is out there and new innovations on the way and inspiring our creative teams with what’s possible
- Bring a fun, creative, positive energy to work every day – creating relationships that help drive big ideas
- Understand all key agency resources and bring them together to produce exceptional results for the client (i.e. an idea driven brand experience – narrative/function/community-delivered through, digital, social etc.)
- Assume ultimate responsibility for final quality and accuracy of the end product of all creative team members
- Seek to continuously improve how we work
What You Will Bring
- College degree in related field or equivalent work experience in addition to at least 6+ years’ experience creating content for digital/social/mobile platforms and/or delivering tech-led brand experiences in a digital marketing or similar agency setting
- Strong digital storytelling and branding with an ability to clearly, simply, and effectively communicate and present your ideas, concepts and vision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of establishing credibility with key contributors
- Superb time-management skills with the ability to multitask and shift priorities with little notice.
- Curious doesn’t begin to describe your thirst for exploration. Your finger is on the pulse of new and emerging technologies with an in-depth understanding of digital marketing channels
- A strong perspective of the role of technology and a passionate and confident voice
Who We Are
GPJ is the world leader in experiential marketing. Our 29 global offices are filled with fearless people dreaming up ideas that are transforming industries and bringing the most respected brands to life in powerfully, exciting ways. We are a part of the Project Worldwide family. An independent, employee-owned global network of complementary, wholly owned agencies.
You read that “employee-owned” part, right? You heard us correctly. You work hard, she works hard, we all work hard… we all succeed and reap the rewards. We have an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – providing our employees with an ownership interest. We thought you would want to know that. In fact, there is a lot more you would want to know about us, like our FTO policy (no more “accruing” time off), our employer matching 401(k) plan (no vesting period), our “no employee contribution” healthcare option. But we are getting ahead of ourselves here, let’s talk about this this exciting opportunity first and we can fill you in on our perks & benefits later.
GPJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. In addition to federal law requirements, GPJ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GPJ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any protected class.