GPJ is hiring a Registration Project Manager to support a large client.
This is a hybrid role out of our San Francisco (preferred), Los Angeles, Austin, Boston or NYC office.
The Registration Project Manager is responsible for helping plan, develop, and execute registration program operations from concept to onsite or digital execution. As the client’s primary contact for all registration related matters, you will have your finger on the pulse of everything “registration”. Some successful RPM’s have been known to sleep with a copy of their timeline under their pillow.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in developing and managing the registration timeline
- Assist in development and implementation of all registration paths
- Manage data integrity process: data quality control, and accuracy
- Manage all registration reporting as needed
- Communicate relevant event information to the Contact Center
- Work with a funds processor if scope includes registration fee collection
- Assist in planning and managing onsite registration process including badge requirements, floor plan, crowd flow, and technical requirements
- Train and manage onsite staff
- Collaborate and communicate with internal staff, including the Account Director, Housing Project Manager, Digital Producer and the Contact Center team.
- Collaborate and communicate with external stakeholders, including clients, agency partners and vendors
Who You Are
This is the section that has some of those soft skills that we look for.
Excellent Communication- You understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully. You possess excellent negotiation and conflict-resolution skills.
Flexible- You are able to change directions quickly without significant impact to performance. You effortlessly juggle multiple things simultaneously while delivering information in a timely manner and adhere to established timelines.
Innovative- You drive, develop and support new and improved methods, products, procedures or technologies. You are constantly challenging yourself to come up with authentic and innovative ideas to transform the client’s brand.
What You’ll Need
- You have 2-4 years of experience in registration, event services, hospitality, hotel reservations or front desk management
- You can roll with the punches and adjust your strategies accordingly
- Your communication skills are unmatched – you have superior verbal and written presentation skills
- You are described as a reliable problem solver and action-taker, and no task is too small
- You exercise mature judgment and assume responsibility for decisions
- You are comfortable and knowledgeable in multiple registration environments
- You’re a natural born leader and onsite staff look to you for guidance and direction
- You have the ability to travel and work on-location as required
Salary range $60-83k
Salary is dependent on a variety of factors including (but not limited to) experience, skills, and location.
Who We Are
GPJ is the world leader in experiential marketing. Our 29 global offices are filled with fearless people dreaming up ideas that are transforming industries and bringing the most respected brands to life in powerfully, exciting ways. We are a part of the Project Worldwide family. An independent, employee-owned global network of complementary, wholly owned agencies.
You read that “employee-owned” part, right? You heard us correctly. You work hard, she works hard, we all work hard… we all succeed and reap the rewards. We have an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – providing our employees with an ownership interest. We thought you would want to know that. In fact, there is a lot more you would want to know about us, like our FTO policy (no more “accruing” time off), our employer matching 401(k) plan (no vesting period), our “no employee contribution” healthcare option. But we are getting ahead of ourselves here, let’s talk about this exciting opportunity first and we can fill you in on our perks & benefits later.
GPJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. In addition to federal law requirements, GPJ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GPJ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any protected class.