George P. Johnson is looking for a Project Manager for our Las Vegas, NV facility. The Project Manager, Fabrication oversees and coordinates all project specific activities in order to deliver the highest possible quality and at the maximum margin. This person, depending on the project, may have an emphasis on the fabrication portion only or on other projects pre-determined this person may be responsible for all aspects of that project.
You’ll be successful if you are able to:
- Manage GPJ Process related to fabrication projects against sold budgets
- Drive the Project Management process in order to deliver information in a timely manner related to all aspects of the project
- Develop collaborative relationships with GPJ Team members creating an atmosphere of “One GPJ”.
- Deliver fabrication projects on time and on budget with expected GPJ Quality
- Manage/Document detailed project change order logs
- Utilization of part time, seasonal or contract help
- Manage Subcontractors and Vendors
Who You Are
Quick on your feet: Ability to process information quickly and devise possible solutions in a calculated, organized way.
Flexible: Able to change directions quickly without significant impact to performance.
Goal Driven: Able to manage multiple things simultaneously while delivering information timely and adhere to established timelines.
Creative: Always looking for creative solutions to best address current fabrication needs.
Visionary: Ability to envision the results of decisions made early in the fabrication process.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Construction Management of a minimum of seven (7) years experience in construction or construction related fields.
- Knowledge of building and construction standards and terminology.
- Ability to read/understand engineering drawings and knowledge CAD/CAM manufacturing and fabrication.
- Understanding of Project Management methodology.
- Familiarity with interior and exterior building materials and fabrication techniques.
- Drive, Determination and Persistence in guiding numerous shop personnel on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Computer Skills; Fluent in Excel and Word
- Exceptional Time Management Skills
Who We Are
GPJ is the world leader in experiential marketing. Our 29 global offices are filled with fearless people dreaming up ideas that are transforming industries and bringing the most respected brands to life in powerfully, exciting ways. We are a part of the Project Worldwide family. An independent, employee-owned global network of complementary, wholly-owned agencies.
You read that “employee-owned” part, right? You heard us correctly. You work hard, she works hard, we all work hard… we all succeed and reap the rewards. We have an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – providing our employees with an ownership interest. We thought you would want to know that. In fact, there is a lot more you would want to know about us, like our employer matching 401(k) plan (no vesting period), our “no employee contribution” healthcare option. But we are getting ahead of ourselves here, let’s talk about this exciting opportunity first and we can fill you in on our perks & benefits later.
GPJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. In addition to federal law requirements, GPJ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GPJ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any protected class.