The events industry is building positive momentum, as major events continue to return to in-person in big ways.
Mobile World Congress hosted 61,000 attendees in-person
As one of the largest world tech conferences—and one of the first major events to cancel when the pandemic began—MWC’s in-person attendance was up 3x from 2021 and crept up to 55% of pre-pandemic attendance—a great sign for a rebounding events industry.
- GSMA celebrates ‘vibrant’ MWC 2022 with 61K attendees
- MWC 2022 Brought Over 61,000 attendees to Barcelona
South by Southwest (SXSW) also returned in-person
SXSW made its first return to in-person since the pandemic in March. Despite in-person presence, the event featured myriad online and hybrid elements, including an XR World and “creator spaces” with both physical and digital components.
- SXSW 2022: How Brands Drew Attention at the Festival’s Big Return IRL
- Brands Celebrate the In Person Return of SXSW with a Flurry of Experiential Activity
Throughout the month of March, brands celebrated International Women’s Day
Brands took the opportunity to elevate and celebrate women with unique and interesting experiences.
- International Women’s Day: the best #BreaktheBias campaigns from brands and agencies
- How Brands Are Observing International Women’s Day
The Metaverse conversation continues to evolve
Whether it’s branded open-world sandboxes or the convergence of a laundry list of technologies being touted as the key to the metaverse, it’s making the news every day. While it’s a marketing hot topic, by no means are you missing out if you’re not already there. The ideas have been in place for years, but the implementation is still in the early stages, with mixed results.
The bigger question is: does it make sense for your brand to explore metaverse experiences? Keep your eyes open for a GPJ POV that will help you answer that question.
- Get Ready to Market in the Metaverse
- The Metaverse: A New Frontier For Business & Investment
- Will I Have a Place in the Metaverse?
- How to Create Meaning and Value in The Metaverse
- Experiencing Metaverse FOMO? Don’t Panic, It’s a Marathon Not a Sprint
GPJ VP of Strategy Discusses the Engagement Dilemma
What captures audience attention in 2022? Brendan Brown sits down with BizBash to tackle the new challenges in audience engagement and what brands can do to listen to and address those challenges. Listen to the Podcast
Until next time, be well and take care of one another!