GPJ is looking for a Fabric Finisher who will join our fabric finishing team and will support the Graphic Production Supervisor. As a Fabric Finisher, you are responsible for multiple tasks related to fabric or vinyl graphic construction.
As a Fabric Finisher, you will:
- Inspect, calculate, measure, trim, match, sew, fit, and package printed and unprinted fabric and vinyl graphics
- Expertly utilize and maintain all equipment necessary to sew and produce graphics, including sewing machines, knives, scissors, measuring tools, etc. This includes maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Understand the scope and timeline for fabric and graphic production projects while communicating effectively with other team members to ensure all requirements of a job are met
- Track your jobs and time, continue to learn with ongoing skill improvement/development, and train other fabric finishing personnel
- Estimated travel for this position may vary, but may be up to 5%
Who You Are
Focused. You understand the need to stay on task and work through potential obstacles to produce the best products possible.
Knowledgeable. You possess a large breadth of information and deep understanding of your role and the tasks you are given.
Self-Motivated. You know what you need to do and what you are responsible for and your need to successfully accomplish your tasks is engrained in you. Failure is not an option.
Responsible. Not only do you take pride in your work, but you hold yourself accountable for the tasks and jobs you are given, as well as your own mistakes.
Deadline-Driven. You are relentless when it pertains to meeting a deadline. You know the need to complete tasks, within a given timeframe, is essential and required to be successful.
Collaborative. Developing and maintaining efficient, effective and respected relationships with individuals who hold a stake in your work is trait that you encourage and promote.
Meticulous. You understand that the small details can be just as critical to overall quality and success as the big picture.
What You Will Need to Bring
- 1+ years working in a deadline-driven environment
- A clear understanding of the need to successfully accomplish tasks/projects to completion by a specific deadline
- Competency in sewing technique, terminology and application
- Understanding of basic math and geometry
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Basic tradeshow and exhibit industry knowledge
- The ability to learn and use new skills effectively
- General computer knowledge and the ability to learn basic spreadsheet software
- Manual dexterity and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Who We Are
GPJ is the world leader in experiential marketing. Our 29 global offices are filled with fearless people dreaming up ideas that are transforming industries and bringing the most respected brands to life in powerfully, exciting ways. We are a part of the Project Worldwide family. An independent, employee-owned global network of complementary, wholly-owned agencies.
You read that “employee-owned” part, right? You heard us correctly. You work hard, she works hard, we all work hard… we all succeed and reap the rewards. We have an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – providing our employees with an ownership interest. We thought you would want to know that. In fact, there is a lot more you would want to know about us, like our generous PTO policy, our employer matching 401(k) plan (no vesting period), our “no employee contribution” healthcare option. But we are getting ahead of ourselves here, let’s talk about this this exciting opportunity first and we can fill you in on our perks & benefits later.
GPJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. In addition to federal law requirements, GPJ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GPJ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any protected class.