George P. Johnson is looking for an Engineer who can take design concepts and create construction drawing sets in our Las Vegas, NV facility. We are looking for fine-detail minded AutoCAD users who can communicate visually how fabrications are to be built from custom aluminum frames, to the minute (but equally important) details, and everything in between.
In this role as a Senior Engineer at GPJ you’re responsible for the development of various types of CAD drawings such as overall fabrication drawings, event service floor plans, and any other drawings needed for the fabrication and future use of display properties.
You’ll be successful if you are able to:
- Work from sketches and/or input from the various project team members.
- Work well with others since drawings require input and approval from various departments and shop personnel in order to complete the final approved drawings used for fabrication. Being a “team player” is a must.
- Produce expected drawings quickly, efficiently and as error-free as possible. Drawings should be thoroughly checked by the Engineer before submittal for any type of approval.
- Aggressively seek resolution from either the department head or other team members to prevent delays in the release of drawings.
- Creatively solve problems – displays often push the envelope and require solutions to problems which have no precedent.
- Calmly deal with numerous changes or “red-lines” to drawings
Who You Are
Methodical: Engineering requires a methodical approach to problem solving and the production of drawings.
Thorough and Meticulous: The quality of the drawings will be affected by how thorough and carefully they are produced and checked.
A Good Communicator: Not a presenter per se, but willing to leave their seat and talk with other team members to obtain needed information.
Creative: Yes, creative! Creativity is needed for problem solving and for laying out a multi-page set of drawings that reads like a book and not a random collection of drawings.
Flexibility and Adaptability: You are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done! You understand that you may be required to work long hours and weekends. as dictated by client deliverables. Ability to work extended hours during the peak season, which is approximately Labor Day through Easter. Strong levels of perseverance are needed to push through the very tough work schedule.
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 7 years of recent full-time use of AutoCAD or a similar tool (Inventor, SolidWorks, etc.) in a work environment similar to our business, such as Architectural experience or another exhibit house.
- Experience with Inventor or a similar parametric modeling tool is a plus but not required.
- Strong skills in 2D and 3D AutoCAD.
- Ability to comprehend how things go together and to visualize in 3D.
- A degree is not required for this position but is always a plus. Architectural or Engineering degrees are the most relevant.
Who We Are
GPJ is the world leader in experiential marketing. Our 29 global offices are filled with fearless people dreaming up ideas that are transforming industries and bringing the most respected brands to life in powerfully, exciting ways. We are a part of the Project Worldwide family. An independent, employee-owned global network of complementary, wholly-owned agencies.
You read that “employee-owned” part, right? You heard us correctly. You work hard, she works hard, we all work hard… we all succeed and reap the rewards. We have an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – providing our employees with an ownership interest. We thought you would want to know that. In fact, there is a lot more you would want to know about us, like our employer matching 401(k) plan (no vesting period), our “no employee contribution” healthcare option. But we are getting ahead of ourselves here, let’s talk about this exciting opportunity first and we can fill you in on our perks & benefits later.
GPJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. In addition to federal law requirements, GPJ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GPJ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any protected class.