We're building a new kind of team. One made up of thinkers, creators, and makers; excited to run head-on into the challenges facing the world's most respected brands. This team is harnessing the power of experiential in all its forms to create mind-blowing design solutions.
Like most, we are working remotely from home right now. Ultimately, the position will ideally be based in San Francisco, New York or Boston.
GPJ is looking for an Art Director to support the Creative Director in the design of high-end presentations and digital collateral for our well-known Bay Area tech client.
As the Art Director you will be integral in the growth and development of the Creative team. In this role, you will work very closely with the Creative Director on an account to ensure that the vision set forth is brought to life in a unique and thoughtful way across all projects.
You will help bring presentations, marketing materials, and other creative elements to life. You will be responsible for helping great speakers bring their narrative and energy to life in a virtual and live environment. You will need to leverage your creative toolkit to take complex messaging and turn them into compelling visuals. Your work and the work of the entire team should seek to drive action and inspire change.
Create and manage original, persuasive, conceptual, and visually compelling work; turning complex content into simple visual structures
- Build-out large presentations and collateral pieces that are built to a high standard of visual refinement
- You will mostly use Google Products (Slides, Docs, Sites) and Keynote
- Collaborate with clients, internal project teams, and art directors to understand project assignment, audience, and intended message
- Define, own, and drive the creative concept and art direction of projects – acting as a lead for creative team
- Push design principles and align team around critical brand expectations
- Passionately articulate concepts to clients, typically by Meet or in person
- Work with CD and Account lead to assess needs, build teams and expand scope of services for future growth
- Ensure creative is delivered according to the brief/intake and within the required timelines; Work closely with the Creative Director to develop a project roadmap
- Mentor, manage, delegate and approve work for support team members
- Ensure all creative meets digital usability standards, DEI standards and functionality
- Other main creative services in this role include: light animations, infographics, illustrations, design of guidebooks and playbooks, light editorial pieces, video template creation, suite of marketing materials.
Who You Are & What You Will Bring
Experienced. 5+ years of overall creative experience preferably at a leading brand or design agency. Ample hands-on work experience (you are a “do-er”) coupled with some management experience (you can lead a team/complex projects)
Skilled. You own Google Slides. You know all the tricks and workarounds to create polished presentations. Great storytelling and branding with an ability to clearly, simply, and effectively communicate and present your ideas, concepts, and vision.
Passionate. Curious doesn't begin to describe your thirst for exploration. Your finger is on the pulse of new and emerging design trends and how to integrate them into your process.
Versatile. You are able to switch gears quickly to meet client or organizational needs! You are action oriented and approach work with a “can do” attitude with proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to successful completion.
Strategic. Through in-depth business, industry, and client knowledge, you drive forward thinking approaches and concepts aligned to and anticipating client's needs. You are clever, smart, and creative in bringing ideas to solve problems.
Team Collaborator. You are a team player adept at elevating the skills and resources required to build agency teams that deliver.
Adaptable: You understand that you may be required to work irregular hours, nights, and weekends, etc. as dictated by client deliverables. You may be required to travel on-site.
Who We Are
GPJ is the world leader in experiential marketing. Our 29 global offices are filled with fearless people dreaming up ideas that are transforming industries and bringing the most respected brands to life in powerfully, exciting ways. We are a part of the Project Worldwide family. An independent, employee-owned global network of complementary, wholly-owned agencies.
You read that “employee-owned” part right? You heard us correctly. You work hard, she works hard, we all work hard… we all succeed and reap the rewards. We have an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – providing our employees with an ownership interest. We thought you would want to know that. In fact, there is a lot more you would want to know about us, like our FTO policy (no more “accruing” time off) only to be included if applicable, our employer matching 401(k) plan (no vesting period), our “no employee contribution” healthcare option. But we are getting ahead of ourselves here, let’s talk about this exciting opportunity first and we can fill you in on our perks & benefits later.
GPJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. In addition to federal law requirements, GPJ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GPJ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any protected class.