- Live streamed global launch from Tokyo
- Immersive projection-mapped reveal sequence
- Interactive salon with driving engagements
- Breakout sessions with designers and engineers
- 5,600 attendees
- 515,000 Live Streams
- Over 500,000 YouTube Views
- 4,000 Media Mentions Generated
- 66,000 Social Posts with 1.1 Billion Impressions
As a pioneer in mass-market Electric Vehicles (EV), Nissan has many competitors, creating a consistent need to re-establish and strengthen their leadership positions and lay a firm foundation for continuation of successful EV business.
Nissan teamed up with GPJ and Spinifex Group for the global launch of the second-generation Nissan Leaf cementing their EV market leadership. In order to wow a new Leaf audience, we designed and produced a multifaceted digital experience, which included a dynamic three-sided projection theater, self-drive immersive product salon and global interactive livestream broadcast. The reveal story created by Spinifex used stunning projection mapping on the floor, back wall and side scrims to fully immerse the audience in a multi-dimensional story outlining the Leaf’s connectivity to technology, the home and many parts of our lives. The entire launch was captured and streamed live directly from Tokyo. Together, we put the Leaf as the central actor in the story of sustainable energy and the conduit to a ‘smart life’ through its high-tech services.
Additionally, we employed a variety of digital and in-person experiences to engage and educate guests on what makes the Leaf unique in ways that encouraged social sharing–spreading the news and connecting the global audience to this world-changing vehicle all in support of Nissan’s overarching theme: Nissan Intelligent Mobility.
The Salon featured interactive engagements:
- Pro Pilot park – attendees were able to get behind the wheel and drive and park using the pro pilot park.
- e-Pedal driving experience – attendees were able to feel the sensation of the e-Pedal and how it feels to drive with just one pedal.
- Using Microsoft HoloLens technology, we gave guests a holographic taste of autonomous driving. Guests sat in the Leaf, put on the HoloLens glasses, and then got a taste of the safety, comfort, and stress-free experience that comes with hands-free driving.